2020 BEST OF BAVARIA & TYROL Trip
Benefiting the National Nordic Foundation (NNF)
Experiences some of the best skiing in Bavaria & Tyrol, while you cheer on your favorite athletes in the 2020 Oberstdorf World Cup races, explore the 200+ km of ski trails in Seefeld, Austria and participate in the König Ludwig Lauf Worldloppet event in Oberammergau.
Oberstdorf will host the 2021 Nordic World Championships, so athletes will be focusing on this important test-event in 2020. In addition to the seemingly infinite trails in Seefeld, try lift-serve sledding at the Hochmoos Alm, spend an afternoon in the Olympic city of Innsbruck and test your skills at Eisstockschiessen, Austrian curling, while you sip warm mulled wine. Afterwards, travel to Oberammergau, Germany and compete in the König Ludwig Lauf Worldloppet ski marathon. When you are not out skiing, savor meals in your hotels, known for their cuisine, and relax afterwards with a sauna or swim. Kick your feet up and let us wax your skis, including HF race wax for the König Ludwig Lauf. Do all this while supporting the National Nordic Foundation on your ski vacation.
Meet in Munich, Germany on Friday, January 24, 2020
Head home from Munich on Monday, February 3, 2020
- Ski and explore Bavaria and Tyrol for 11 days
- Option to participate in the König Ludwig Lauf Worldloppet event
- Watch the Oberstdorf, Germany World Cup races
- Discover the 200+ km of trails in Seefeld, Austria
- Eisstockschiessen (Austrian Curling) with mulled wine
- Mountain rodeln - lift serve sledding in Leutasch
- Sample the beer from the brewery in our Oberammergau hotel
- Relax in the sauna or spa at each of our hotels
- Scenic train ride and walking tour in Olympic City Innsbruck
- Enjoy time with friends at daily breakfasts and dinners
- Trip designed by Garrott Kuzzy -- Olympian and past US Ski Team athlete
Garrott has developed skiing, biking and hiking tours as Product Director during his 4+ years at VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations. He is currently earning his Master's in Business in Innsbruck, Austria.
Seefeld region film featuring some of the 200+ km of trails. Lumi Experiences trip leader Raphi is one of the skiers featured.
- 10 nights in three- and four-star hotels
- All breakfasts and 7 dinners
- Guaranteed entry in the König Ludwig Lauf Ski Marathon (entry fee separate)
- Ground transportation, starting & finishing in Munich
- Mountain rodeln (Austrian sledding)
- Ski trail passes and waxing
- Personalized daily trail recommendations
OKTOBERFEST SALE: Book between September 12 - October 15, 2019 and receive a free pre-trip night at 4-star Hotel Stadt Rosenheim in Munich!
Pay by check or bank transfer and receive an additional $150 discount.
The trip is limited to 18 travelers.
Sign up below to receive our detailed 2020 trip itinerary.