2019 Merino Muster Trip
Head to south to New Zealand for on-snow skiing in August. Explore the trail network at the Snow Farm and take part in the Merino Muster Worldloppet event. Away from the trails, explore the village of Wanaka, your home for 5 nights. Get to know other skiers our group, as well as other Worldloppet skiers, during several social events organized by the Muster. In addition to spectacular scenery, New Zealand is also home to some excellent wineries. Sample several varieties along the way. We will also visit the distillery in Cardrona for a tour and tasting. Kick back and relax while your trip leaders, who are also wax techs for the US Ski Team in the winter months, prepare your skis and share their secrets.
Meet in Queenstown on Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Head home from Queesntown on Monday, September 2, 2019
- Ski and explore at the Snow Farm and in Wanaka, New Zealand for 7 days
- Discover the 55 km of trails at the Snow Farm
- Participate in the Merino Muster Worldloppet Ski Marathon
- Relax in the pool, sauna or spa at our lakeside hotel
- Enjoy time with friends at daily breakfasts and dinners
- Trip designed by Garrott Kuzzy -- Olympian and past US Ski Team athlete
Garrott has developed skiing, biking and hiking tours as Product Director for VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations. He is currently earning his Master's in Business in Innsbruck, Austria.
Merino Muster film featuring the event, some of the skiing at the Snow Farm and the surroundings in the town of Wanaka—all places included in this trip.
- 6 nights in our four-star, lakeside hotel
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and 4 dinners
- Ski trail passes and waxing
- Personalized daily trail recommendations
- Ground transportation during the trip, starting and finishing in Queenstown
- Tasting at Cardrona Distillery
- Sample local wines from an Otago vineyard
- Service from your trip leader(s): experienced guides and US Ski Team waxers
Sign up soon! $3,350 for reservations before April 30, 2019.
Pay by check or bank transfer and receive an additional $150 discount.
The trip is limited to 18 travelers.
Sign up below to receive information on our 2019 Merino Muster Trip.